What is the difference between ACE MediCupping™ and traditional Chinese cupping therapy?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, stationary cups are placed on the skin and left for a period of five to fifteen minutes, and the cups may also be moved over the area.
MediCupping™ uses a machine to create the suction and pumping movements that are normally done with manual cupping tools to create a soothing, consistent, and effective treatment on the body surface without strain on the therapist or client. One of the most amazing aspects of this technique is the “separation” that the vacuum produces in tissue layers. This enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue as well as the elimination of old waste and congestion.
What about the “bruises” that occur after some treatments?
The first thing to know is that the discoloration that can occur from cupping is not bruising. Bruising is caused by impact trauma leading to broken capillaries and tissue injury.
Discoloration it’s an indication that stagnant cellular waste (body fluids and toxins) has been moved from the deeper tissue layers to the surface, allowing the skin and lymphatic system to readily eliminate the waste.
The marks that are commonly left from TCM treatments are the desired result. ACE MediCupping™ therapy very rarely produces this discoloration, called a “cup kiss” or “hickey” because a vacuum therapy machine is used that allows the therapist to control the intensity level of the suction.
Although the marks are not intentional in MediCupping™, they may occur. If discoloration occurs, it will dissipate anywhere between a few hours and a few days. It is also unlikely that it will re-occur in the same area.
Is ACE Medicupping™ therapy safe? Who can receive ACE Medicupping™?
This technique is used safely on children, adults and elderly persons. The most common misuse of these techniques is overuse. This is an intense therapy due to the influence it has on the circulation and tissues and its impact on the body systems is significant. In particular, the elderly, children, and persons with diabetes and those on blood thinners should be treated gently. After any ACE MediCupping™ treatment, it is important to avoid exposure to excessive heat or cold, and sufficient hydration is required to facilitate elimination.
What are the benefits of ACE Medicupping™?
-Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation - Release deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms. - Release and soften scar tissue and adhesions - Lift and stretch soft tissue separate fascia and restrictions. - Increased range of movement and flexibility in joints - Open chest and lungs - Improve circulation - Drain lymph fluid, clear drainage pathways - Sedate the nervous system - Dredging and clearing old residue (blood and solidified lymph from injuries, surgeries, and chronic movement patterns) out of the muscle and soft tissue -- "milking the tissue"
-Tight or hardened muscles - Pain and restriction of movement - Scar tissue - Edema - Restricted lymphatic flow and circulation - Inflammation of joints and tissue - Trigger points - Kinesiology/muscle testing
Conditions that Respond to ACE MediCupping™ therapy:
- Fibromyalgia - Bursitis, Tendonitis and other inflammatory conditions - Sluggish colon, IBS - Stagnant lymph and edema - Poor circulation - Sciatica - Insomnia and anxiety - Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue - Lung inflammation and congestion - Cellulite - Toxicity - Migraine and headaches - High blood pressure - Asthma and pneumonia - Neuralgia and rheumatism - Pre- and post-operative conditions - TMJ dysfunction - Diabetes - Parkinson's disease - Chronic pain - Plantar fasciitis - Athletic stress and injuries.
• Relative-Certain cupping techniques, and/or specific areas of the body may be AVOIDED under these conditions: Hernia, bulging discs, skin lesions, acute stages of: Eczema, Rosacea, and psoriasis. Areas affected by herpes, shingles and hives. Varicose veins (non 3D/Bulging), broken bones. Insulin pumps and pacemaker pumps.
•Absolute-Cupping treatment is NOT recommended for:
Cardiac failure, renal failure, ascites due to cirrhosis or severe edema, allergic purpura, hemophilia, leukemia, dermatosis, destruction of skin, allergic dermatitis, 3D or bulging varicose veins, women who are pregnant, liver disease, kidney disease, and those undergoing cancer therapy.
Potential Reactions: - Cup kiss: discoloration due to toxins and old blood being brought to the surface.
- Post tenderness: usually less than from deep tissue work. - Redness and itching: increased vasodilation and/or inflammation brought to the surface. - Decreased blood pressure: due to vasodilation and/or nervous system sedation.
After Your ACE MediCupping™ Session
· Drink plenty of the purest water you can find
· Do not exercise until the next day
· Avoid chills, drafts or excessive heat for 4-6 hrs.
· Avoid hot showers, steam, sauna until next day (use warm water)
· Do not receive other bodywork for 48 hours as this could overload your system or complicate the work that was done.
· Remember that ACE MediCupping™ therapy starts working on opening lymphatic pathways for those who have “solid bloat”, debris and congestion, or specific trauma to the tissue, often with dramatic results. Subsequent sessions clear deeper layers of old congestion and restriction to effect significant change in conditions.
· Skin discolorations reveal old blood trapped in the tissue and will dissipate between 1-4 days
· Burning sensations can occur and have often indicated a renewed blood flow to the tissue or natural separation of old adhesions in the fascia.
· Tune in to the messages your body sends, including a change in sleep patterns, appetite, thirst, mood, energy, elimination of fluids and solids, how clothes fit, digestion, breathing capacity, pain levels, endurance, recovery time (athletes) and any other changes that you notice.
· Call your therapist with any questions you might have.